3.12.05

2010: The Next Five Years


whistler
Originally uploaded by e g g.
I can't think of many things that get me more excited than the Olympics. I was lucky to be in Australia in 2000 for the summer games and I will definitely be in Vancouver and Whistler for the winter games in 2010. While I'm very disappointed Toronto did not get 2008, it's thrilling that the games will still be coming to Canada in the next decade.

The construction has now begun on facilities in the (now referred to as the) twin cities of Whistler and Vancouver and I have all the confidence in the world that these games will go off without a hinge. In fact, I know they'll be a huge success.

Whistler has been long recognized as a premier resort town but it's now garnering a reputation for more than just snowboarding/skiing, mountain biking and golf. The Whistler Film Festival takes place this weekend until December 4th. CBC will be broadcasting "The Hour" with George Stromboulopoulous from the festival, one that has been growing in recent years thanks to increased marketing and attention from an international spoltlight due to the Games.

No comments: